Being of a very open mind, having been in the nudist lifestyle for a number of years and working within the adult industry, nudity is something that does not bother me. It doesn’t make me go hide, or feel shame or embarrassment. What does bother me are people who judge others and automatically assume that because someone poses nude, is a nudist or works in the adult industry is evil, no morals, no self respect, on drugs, an alcoholic, comes from a bad family and on and on. Fact is 95% of the time they are totally wrong on all, or most counts.
Just to prove that point, here are ten top mainstream Hollywood actresses who do good work, have families, are involved in charities, well educated but have done not one or two, but many nude scenes in their careers and are respected in, and out, of the industry. In order of who did the most, here they are from 10 to 1.
10. Eva Green – The French star, 42, made her Hollywood debut in 2003 starring in the film “The Dreamers”….in which she bared it all. Ever since, fans have seen ms. Green in many scenes baring it all like “Perfect Sense”, “300: Rise of an Empire” and others. Overall the actress has filmed 28 naked scenes.
9. Dame Helen Mirren – The iconic actress, 77, made her reputation by being willing to act out erotic scenes. Mirren got naked for 1969’s “Age of Consent” and then for “Caligula” in 1979. Ever since the actress has showed the audiences her wonderful figure in many other films like “Calendar Girls” in 2003. With a total of at least 28 nude scenes, Dame Mirren also has the distinction of appearing nude in every decade from 1960 to 2010.
8. Charlize Theron – “2 Days in the Valley” 1996, “The Devil’s Advocate” in 1997 and “The Last Face” 2016 are only a few examples of films where audiences have seen the gorgeous Ms. Theron, 48, showing skin. Like Dame Helen Mirren, Theron has at least 29 nude scenes to her credit in her resume.
7. Angelina Jolie – At 48, she has appeared in her birthday suit in front of the camera at least 30 times. Some of her best known on-screen appearances are in the films ‘Hell’s Kitchen’, ‘Taking Lives’ and ‘By The Sea’, from 1998, 2004 and 2015, respectively
6. Penelope Cruz – Penélope Cruz, 49, first bared all in 1992 film ‘Jamón Jamón’, which was also her film debut. The movie was only the beginning of a series of sexy scenes as seen in ‘Woman on Top’ and ‘Vanilla Sky’ from 2000 and 2001. So far, the Spanish beauty has filmed at least 32 hot scenes.
5. Maggie Gyllenhaal – Coming from a family of artists and filmmakers, including her brother Jake Gyllenhaal, Maggie is willing to do anything a director asks of her. Maggie bared all in ‘Sherrybaby’ (2006), ‘Crazy Heart’ (2008) and ‘The Deuce’ (2017). The 46 year-old star has done at least 32 nude scenes.
4. Melanie Griffith – Now 66, she filmed her very first naked scene in 1975 for ‘Night Moves’. Perhaps her most memorable sexy scene is the one featured in Abel Ferrara’s 1984 film ‘Fear City’, where she dances while only wearing little underwear. As of today, Griffith has filmed at least 32 scenes.
3. Nicole Kidman – Now 56, she is third on this list with a total of 42 scenes. Some of her most memorable movie moments came in the 1986 film ‘Windrider’ – her birthday suit debut – 1989 psychological drama ‘Deep Calm’, as well as 1999’s ‘Eyes Wide Shut’, which also starred her now ex-husband Tom Cruise, and more recently in 2021 series ‘Nine Perfect Strangers’.
2. Sharon Stone – Her first birthday suit scene was in the 1984 film ‘Irreconcilable Differences’, which she starred in at the age of 26. Stone’s most famous sex scenes came in 1992 erotic thriller ‘Basic Instinct’ – the movie which made her a global superstar. Having one of the sexiest pairs of legs in Hollywood, the 65-year-old actress ranks in second place of the list with at least 46 nude scenes throughout her career.
And the star with the most nude scenes is………………..
1. Monica Belluci – The Italian beauty takes the number one spot. The 59-year-old screen siren has stood in front of the camera with nothing for a total of 53 scenes. She had her nude moments in films including 1991’s ‘The Raffle’, 2000’s ‘Malena’, 2002’s ‘Irréversible’ or 2005’s How ‘Much Do You Love Me?’ among many more.
So, there you have it. These ladies have had very successful careers, contributed a lot to society not only with their talents, but their charitable works and other endeavors. Just because someone decides to get nude in front of a camera and get sexy does not mean what all the straight laced prudes like to think it means. Too many people today are wrapped up in these kinds of outrage, rather than the real problems facing our country. Just like with the outrage over books going on now. Therein lies the biggest problem of all. People’s wrong priorities at a time when there are much more important things to make right in this country. Long live nudity!!
Art Koch, National Features & DVD Editor, NightMoves Magazine and AAN